Monday, July 6, 2015

Parenthood

Yep, as you can tell from the title of this post, my husband and I now belong to a new club.  On June 5th, we welcomed two little boys into the world and there started our initiation into the Parenthood Club.  I wish I had a special world to sum up the experience but it was the most magical, emotional, life changing, lump in your throat, heart pounding, out of body experience I've ever had x2, literally. I highly recommend creating another human and giving birth to it....just sayin'.

Surprisingly enough they let us take them home just 2 days later and we've been trying to survive ever since. They just turned a month old and they seriously change every day.  Already they have established that they are not morning people, that it is possible for a 9 day old baby to roll over on his own, that there is no such thing as being peed on too many times, and that it is possible to spend all day staring at a baby.

The past month has definitely been a blur.  We've had good days and bad days.  We've managed to get a few date nights in and we've definitely learned the importance of sleeping when the babies sleep. Trust me when I say that a nap after becoming a parent will feel like a lottery win!

Speaking of naps...I should be indulging in one as we speak so I'll leave this blog post here and be sure to give an update when I can on the little men in our life!




No comments:

Post a Comment