Friday, January 20, 2012

Spice up your coffee

Hi everyone!  So I have to confess...I am an addict for coffee and tea! (as I'm sure most of you are too!)  My mornings always have to involve one or the other or my head will literally spin right off, just ask my husband.  Okay,  not literally but seriously...a morning without coffee just isn't worth getting out of bed for.  SO, I've decided to share a coffee recipe with a little something extra to it.  My husband PJ actually found this a few years ago when I was sick.  He claimed this was going to help me feel much better if I drank it or at least that's what Google told him.  I'm not sure that it actually helped my cold BUT it was definitely delicious!  So enjoy!

WHITE SPICE COFFEE

1/3 cup whole coffee beans (any flavor beans will work)
1 cup milk (skim, 1%, 2%, or whole, whatever you like)
1/2 stick of cinnamon
1 tbsp. honey
pinch of cardamon
pinch of ground cinnamon
1 oz. Rum (optional)

Place milk in small sauce pan over medium-low heat. Place coffee beans in plastic bag and seal.   Crush beans slightly with spoon.  Pour crushed beans into milk.  Add honey and stick of cinnamon.  Let ingredients seap together for 10 to 12 minutes, occasionally stir. Drain out coffee beans and pour milk mixture into your favorite mug.  Now is the time to add the Rum if you choose.  Add a pinch of cinnamon and cardamon to taste and stir.














1 comment:

  1. Hey Amber. Mary here. The thought of a rich cup of coffee is the only thing that lures me out of bed in the mornings. Love my Keurig and all their selections. Can't wait to try your spice coffee recipe. Mmm.

    ReplyDelete