Friday, January 6, 2012

Winter Wonderland of Polish

Well winter has made it's way here!  Snow has made it's landing and the the temp. is slowly dropping.  Although I wish I could hibernate through these next few months, I'm forced to brave the gloomy and chilly climate just like everyone else. 

Keeping with the Winter Season I've recently discovered some truly awesome winter nail polish colors.  I always think  that if you have absolutely nothing to accessorize with than a great polish is an easy fix.  This season it seems metallic, a touch of bold, and a little bit of classic colors are on trend.  Although, I don't typically follow a "trend"  I jumped in nails first on this one.  With this in mind I've searched and come up with some colors I love and are worthy of recommendation.  Check them out!



 Colors (from left to right)  Burgundy Flirt - Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro, Steel Grey - Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro, Gold Silk - Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro, Midnight Cami - Essie, Going Incognito - Essie

 (For the most accurate color of these I recommend swatching them on yourself)

 Burgundy Flirt:  This is a Classic Red, the more you apply of this color the deeper red it gets, I love it!  The best thing about these Rimmel nail polishes is that the formula is thick so there is no need for a million coats.

Steel Grey:  This is a neutral, almost beige like grey.  My first thought when I got this is that it may be a little drab but it really is an amazing color, great for winter!

Gold Silk:  This color is a little metallic, a little glitter, and a little iridescent.  I like it because it's not so gold it looks over the top but just right.

Midnight Cami:  I've always loved the way a dark navy blue looks on nails and this color is no exception.  I will say Essie polishes are a little bit more pricey but they are super pigmented and worth a little splurge.

Going Incognito:  I know what you may be thinking...GREEN, really?  I was definitely a little scared of green myself but this is a gorgeous shade of green that is really flattering.  It's somewhere in between a teal and true green color.




No comments:

Post a Comment