Thursday, February 16, 2012

An unlikely pair

Hi Everyone!  So I thought it was time to post one of my favorite recipes.  It's a tuna quesadilla and it's a staple in our house.  I know not everyone is a fan tuna and I know your probably thinking...tuna?  quesadilla? definitely do not go together but it really surprised me the first time I had it.  I can't take the credit for finding this recipe because my husband actually found it on the back of a tuna packet.  It's easy to make and  it will fill you up!


2 packets of Hickory Smoked tuna (Starkist sells these)
4 green onion (chopped)
2 oz. cream cheese (room temperature, I use 1/3 less fat to keep it a little healthier)
1/2 roasted red pepper (chopped)
1/2 cup shredded cheese (your choose, we use colby-monterey jack)
Dash of salt and pepper
4 tortilla shells

Preheat your oven broiler.  Mix the first 6 ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.  Lay out 2 of your tortilla shells on a baking sheet and make a few holes with a fork in them.  Take your tuna mixture and spread it evenly onto shells.  Place 2 remaining tortilla shells on top of your mixture and also make holes in these with a fork.  Place baking sheet under broiler for about 2 minutes or until slightly browned then flip them over.  At this point you can choose whether or not you want to top them with cheese or not.  Cook for an additional 2 minutes and they are ready to eat.

2 comments: