Thursday, August 8, 2013

Real women have cellulite

This post is strictly directed towards women. Men are welcome to read, but you will not relate, sympathize, or even understand half of what I'm about to talk about (that should be the slogan for all woman/man relationships, lol).

 So..this is all about WOMANHOOD. There's all kinds of formal and informal ways to indicate that you've reached womanhood. I remember being younger and desperately longing for a period and boobs like that was going to magically give me the body of a Victoria's Secret model (teenagers have a delusional way of thinking, don't they?). Little did I know that there are all sorts of weird and uncomfortable changes that I would have to look forward to for years to come.

 I have to say that I haven't hit any major bumps in the road thus far but there is one change that's been creeping up on me in the past few years. It's called CELLULITE and it is nobodies friend! I always assumed that because I eat pretty clean, I drink tons of water and workout regularly that I wouldn't have to worry too much about it. WRONG, here's a fact...healthy bitches get it too! No matter what size you are, a crazy 85% of woman get cellulite at some point. but WHHHYYYY??

 The biggest contributor, GENES. Yo mama got the cellulite then you got it too! Another big one is our hormones. Yep, women can't escape those things either. TRUTH is it's really hard to avoid cellulite all together and even worse... nothing, and I mean NOTHING, can get rid of it for good! All those lotions, potions, and creams only minimize the appearance temporarily, so don't buy into the hype. However I have discovered a couple of ways to help the skin appear smoother:

 Building muscle in the areas you have it, for most woman, including myself this is the back of the legs and butt area. Because your building muscle, your creating a more toned look to those areas, which in return helps reduce cellulite effect.

 Another is exfoliating and massaging the area on a regular basis. By exfoliating your helping to increase lymphatic drainage. An ingredient you want to look for in a body exfoliant is caffeine. It's helps support blood flow allowing for a smoother looking appearance to the skin.

The third tip is  WATER, WATER, WATER. Drink a lot of it. All the time. Period. Water helps flush out toxins in the body that can contribute to cellulite.

And the last helpful tip of mine...EMBRACE IT.  Welcome to Womanhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment