Monday, November 12, 2012

Quick Update

Life update...I'm not sure why I do updates because I've come to realize that I am a creature of habit and routine.  Not much changes = keeps me a happy girl.  So a few months back I posted a blog about me trying out a vegetarian diet, here's a run down of how it's been going.

There are a lot of positive things that vegetarianism has brought.  I have been much less bloated, less tired, have discovered some really good recipes, grocery bills have been a little bit cheaper, and I haven't contributed to killing innocent animals.  BUT there are also some downfalls to it as well.  The first I noticed was my skin, I have had more breakouts in the last 3 months than I have in a really long time.  Although I have felt much healthier, I have also noticed that even with 3 meals a day I never feel full which leads to the 3rd downfall.  I have put on 6 pounds in 3 months.  UGH.  So...I had a "girl" moment and it went a little like this in my head, " OH MY GOD, am I really going to sacrifice my figure to make a point, what is my butt going to look like if I keep this up another 3 months?...Amber don't be such a girl about it, it's just the exterior, Bambi doesn't care what your butt looks like, it's only 6 pounds anyways!"  (Yea I know you've had one of those moments too.)  So to make me and my internal animal rights activist happy I'm going to make a compromise.  I'm going to continue to stick to a mostly vegetarian diet but I'm not going to torture myself if I decide to have a turkey sandwich.

On to the next...my husband and I took a little trip to Gatlinburg, TN last weekend and met his sister who drove up from Alabama.  We had a really good time, lots of relaxing and catching up.  Every time my husband and I make a trip to Alabama or Tennessee to see family I love the mountains and the people and I always wonder if I could live in the country.  It's not until we get home that I realize that I prefer the noise over the quiet and maybe I even sort of like the fact that I'm not always going to run into the same people at the grocery store every week. Our weekend in Gatlinburg also made me realize that if I were stranded on a deserted island with only 2 people, my husband and sister in law would have to be my best choices.  There is never a shortage of laughing around both of them.

Well that's really about it since my last post... Hope everyone has a good week!


No comments:

Post a Comment