Saturday, December 29, 2012

The A-Team

Makeup junkies get excited because this one is all about what I think is the MOST important part of any makeup routine, foundation!  I am always on the lookout for the perfect base and I have tried A LOT!  Of course I wish I was born with pore less skin with no discoloration and had no idea what a post pimple mark looked like but that's just not fair...or so that's what I tell myself.  Longevity is my number one requirement when it comes to foundation.  I'm not a touch up girl, if I put it on it better stay on.  I also don't want to feel like I'm wearing a mask, foundation mask look is scary ladies!  Through my quest I have found some stand out foundations that have stuck with me.

Here they are!
(Left to Right) Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation ($13.99),  Clinique Even Better Foundation SPF 15 ($27),  Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup ($35),  NARS Sheer Glow Foundation ($42), Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua ($45)

Revlon Colorstay Whipped is the foundation I use most on a daily basis.  The texture of this really freaked me out when I first got it because it's fairly thick but I learned that a little goes a long way.  I would say that this is medium coverage and the lasting power is amazing.  The other interesting thing about this foundation is when you first put it on it's not that impressive but I notice that after about an hour of wear it started to really melt into my skin and make my skin look smooth and pore less.  I would say the finish of this is a semi-matte but still looks very natural.  The few cons I have for this is the chunky glass bottle it comes in, it's just not practical.   The other is the color selection, I find that Revlon foundations just don't cater to yellow undertones all that well.

Clinique Even Better Foundation is the newest addition to my collection.  I picked this up after seeing it on someone else who's skin looked so gorgeous and glowing, I had to have it of course!  I love the finish of this foundation the most.  It's just slightly dewy without making me look oily.  I find a little of this goes a long way as well and it does really well at cover any spots or redness.  If your skin is a little on the drier side and looking dull I think this foundation would work best for you.  The only con I have on this one is that it's too dark for me to where right now!

Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid  is my go to foundation for the summer.  This foundation is so light weight and when it's hot outside it's perfect.  Nothing worse than feeling like a pound of makeup is sliding off your face in the summer heat!  Even though it's light weight the coverage still manages to be pretty decent.  This foundation blends really well into the skin, giving a your skin but better finish.  I would say this works best for someone with pretty good skin already that's just looking to even their skintone.  Con for this one is coverage, I wish it had just a tiny bit more.

NARS Sheer Glow is always the foundation I reach for on a night out or special occasion.  NARS brand of makeup is hands down my favorite and this foundation is no exception to that.  It's glowing, with the right amount of coverage, and manages to blur out imperfections.  When I want a really perfected base this never lets me down.  I rarely have to spot conceal on blemishes if I wear this, which is a big plus for me too.  They also have a Sheer Matte version of this if you are on the oily side or just like a matte finish.  The con I have with this is that sometimes I feel like it can be too heavy for the daytime.

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua....hello CHANEL!  Almost every beauty blogger and makeup guru as raved about this foundation and rightfully so.  I actually don't wear this foundation too often but I am in love.  This is very similar to the Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid because they are both extremely light weight on the skin.  I don't even know how to describe the finish it gives...  It just gives your skin this really flawless but natural look.  I was blown away by the effect it gave.  Unfortunately the cons I have for this foundation are what keeps me from wearing it more often.  The first is the smell...all Chanel foundations have this floral like scent, it's not unpleasant but I personally just hate when foundations have a fragrance, I don't get it. Because my skin does not respond well to fragranced products I breakout if I use this too often.  BIG BUMMER!



No comments:

Post a Comment